Areas of Practice
Patrik R. Peyer is a Corporate law specialist with a main focus on M&A transactions and corporate restructuring. His M&A experience includes both public and private transactions in various industries with an emphasis on domestic and cross-border acquisitions, mergers, spin-offs, joint ventures and redomestication transactions. He regularly advises clients on all aspects of takeover and general corporate law and represents clients in proceedings
Before the SIX Swiss Exchange and the Swiss Takeover Board. Patrik R. Peyer has a wide experience in advising listed and non-listed companies in different industries and set-ups in complex Corporate law matters and M&A transactions.
He further assists several companies in respect of Corporate Governance issues and in their corporate housekeeping.
Patrik R. Peyer also attends to various start-up businesses. Regularly, Patrik R. Peyer is publishing books and articles regarding multiple aspects of Corporate law. He is also a member of the AIJA Commission on Corporate Acquisition & Joint Ventures.Patrik R. Peyer is admitted to the Swiss Bar.
2009 – Senior Associate, Niederer Kraft & Frey Ltd
2006 – 2009 Associate, Niederer Kraft & Frey
2003 – 2005 Research Assistant for Company and Commercial Law at University of Zurich
2001 – 2002 Research Assistant for Contract and Tort Law at University of Zurich
2000 – 2001 Clerk with the District Court of Zurich
2011 – University of St. Gallen, Executive MBA HSG
2006 – Admitted to the Bar (Attorney-at-law)
2005 – University of Zurich, PhD (Dr. iur.)
2003 – University of Cambridge, LL.M., British Counsel Chevening Scholar 2002 / 2003
1999 – University of Zurich, Master Degree
Dr. Patrik R. Peyer, LL.M., Executive MBA
Telephone: +41 58 800 8000
Telefax: +41 58 800 8080
German, English, French
Patrik R. Peyer was a member of the Niederer Kraft & Frey teams in the following transactions (selective list), as counsel to:
– Selling shareholders of NRS Printing Solutions AG in the acquisition of NRS Printing Solutions AG by ALSO Schweiz AG, a wholly owned subsidiary of the listed ALSO-Actebis Holding AG (2012)
– Bridgepoint in its acquisition of Infront Holding AG / Infront Sports & Media AG, Zug (2011)
– Landis & Gyr AG, in the USD 2.3 billion acquisition of Landis & Gyr AG by Toshiba Corporation (2011)
– Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE listed) in its redomestication from Bermuda to Switzerland (2010)
– Credit Suisse Group AG (SIX listed) in its public tender offer to the public shareholders of New Bank of Aargovie Ltd (Neue Aargauer Bank AG) (2010)
– Jelmoli Holding AG (at the time SIX listed) in (i) corporate reorganisation, including the split of Jelmoli Holding AG into two SIX listed companies (Jelmoli Holding AG and newly listed Athris Holding AG), and in (ii) CHF 1.5 billion share exchange
offer by Swiss Prime Site (2009)
– Esmertec AG (renamed into Myriad Group AG; SIX listed) in Swiss takeover law aspects of proposed combination with PurpleLabs (France) (2009)
– ACE Limited (NYSE listed) in its redomestication from Cayman Island to Switzerland (2008)
– u-blox AG (SIX listed) IPO (2007)
In addition, Patrik R. Peyer was a member of the Niederer Kraft & Frey teams in numerous non-public M&A transactions.